Sunday School begins on September 15, 2019
As I think back on my past Sunday School experiences I realize how important Sunday School has been in my life.
- Taught me about the Bible. I memorized the names of all the books in the Bible. I learned to memorize verses I learned about people in the Bible and heard their stories.
- Introduced me to God. My teachers shared from the Bible who God is, what He’s done for me, and how I can get to know Him more.
- Helped me grow in my faith and understanding. My teachers discipled me, teaching me how to study the Word and live out my faith.
- Gave me Christian friends. As we met week by week we got to know each other, and shared thoughts, questions, concerns, prayer requests, life.
- Gave me an opportunity to be a disciple. When I was in my teens I started helping with younger children and quickly found out that I learned more than any of the kids I was teaching.
Deuteronomy 31:12 (NIV) says that hearing and understanding God’s word is for everyone:
“Assemble the people—men, women and children, and the foreigners residing in your towns—so they can listen and learn to fear the Lord your God and follow carefully all the words of this law.”
And in Acts 5:42 we see how important teaching is:
“Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.”
I hope that you join a Sunday School class this fall. You will learn and grow and experience the blessing of studying with other believers! — Kris Balvin